Jul 29, 2009

The Seed of Shiva II

I was in my P.G. when the film SIVAMANI by Puri Jagannath released. I haven’t liked the film though. A few days later there was this Success Meet (or whatever they call it). A few fans (obviously female) were chosen for a program in some telugu channel, after winning some so called lottery to meet and share their excitement with the film Director. The fans were asking many questions to Puri garu and he was answering them all patiently. At one point he had a question for all the fans (It was like a survey). He asked them, that he was planning another film with Nagarjuna garu the following year and asked them how they would like to see him (Ironically, he might have already been ready with “SUPER”). These girls were thrilled, enthralled and started giving all kinds of answers – Nag as like in Shiva, Geethanjali, Ninne Pelladatha and more and more and more. One smart girl wanted and amalgamation of all the characters. Everybody laughed (coz that is an IMPOSSIBLE Feat).

By then I was already suffering from the Director’s Itch (I just coined this term), and started to think, how or what could project him in a fantabulous way. The next frame that struck my mind was Nag with a pair of glasses (Jaitrayaatra). The next frame was of Chiranjeevi garu with a pair of glasses (Master) followed by Venkatesh garu (Sundarakanda). I always have a gut feeling that there will be no face on Andhra Pradesh who wouldn’t have heard about SHIVA. I thought this will definitely be a marketing asset (to sell myself). So I thought why not a sequel to Shiva with Nag garu as a Lecturer again solving college problems. But No!!! Our audiences have already been introduced to similar plot (Master). Then I felt SORRY for Shiva and thought why the hell should Shiva change for anybody else (my creative mind here)? Why can’t he be himself? That is when the seed for Shiva II got sowed (that was Jan, 2004).

I had to brainstorm for a couple of months about the plot, and decided that when Shiva wanted to do it, he is ought to do it, no matter what – thus, “When You Have To Do…Do It…Do It…By Any Means”. I also decided one thing then, I with my premonition for my future, thought Shiva was released in 1989, so with the same way, my sequel has to be released when I would be around 28-29 (RGV did it then) in the year 2009. This is what I finally ended with.

The Connection

Where would be the beginning? How would I connect the film to the classic? I was lost, and I started watching the film repeatedly. Shiva, Shiva, Shiva-Shiva was the only thing in my mind. Be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner, I watched Shiva so much that it ran for almost 100 days in my television (could be another record, nobody might have broken). Thanks to Dronacharya, for he left some mind-blowing initiatives for me in the film (I sometimes, feel, they were created only for me). These helped me to weave the plot, to begin with:

The Basic Plot

What would be the main logic behind the film or the plot? Look what Shiva says to Venkat (Sai Charan) in the hospital, after seeing the corpse of Malli (Sudhakar).

This is what Shiva exactly wanted to do. But only because Sarat’s (his brother – Murali Mohan) daughter gets assassinated by Bhavani, he out of agony and pain, seeks avenge. This is where I begun, if Shiva’s aim was to filter the society, until the first part only Ganesh (Viswanath), and Bhavani have been evened. The rest (Nanaji and gang) is happily untouched by the law and left alone to take advantage of Shiva’s absence (assuming Shiva goes to prison). Shiva wipes them out and his Clean & Green concept forms my plot.

The Interlink

Next, would be the beginning part, from where can I bring all the characters out of nowhere onto our plot. Thanks again to Dronacharya, for the most idealistic person Naresh (Jagan) – the first contestant for election who is attacked by Ganesh in the beginning is still alive, as per the following scene.

So, in the time span of 03 months, as nowhere in the movie, the time is spoken of, I assume the complete movie took place. So, in the case Naresh comes back to college, he can only meet Asha (Amala) staying with her brother Venkat, as her husband Shiva is in prison. The other batch members are either assassinated or lost. So, I felt like starting my sequel with Naresh, and Asha becoming faculty in the same college they have studied, and it is still the same college where my sequel continues.

The Antagonist

Now who the hell would be the antagonist? Machiraju (Kota Srinivas Rao). Check out the pre-climax shot in the classic.

Fortunately, with the power of one million watts of motivation (to help me out), Bhavani used his belt to strangle Machiraju to death. Now, is Machiraju dead? What if he just fainted or he lost his conscience when his servant comes running down the stairs and what if Machiraju wakes up when sprinkled over with a glass of water on his face? I leave the rest of ideas to you.

The Gang & Rivalry (Sub Plot)

Machiraju in my sequel becomes a minister to become the antagonist of the film, who would obviously be looking out for goons to help him out as Bhavani is no more. Now who would the main goon be? Ganesh!!! Check the following clip:

Ganesh is a very vital person in Bhavani’s gang, who even is not spared due to the evil mind of Bhavani. When Bhavani believes Ganesh could become a threat to his life, he orders his men to get him killed. In the above clip, Ranga (I named him) comes to kill Ganesh in the police station; just then Shiva comes to protect him (How the hell did Shiva know that Ganesh is going to get killed? Shhh!!!). So, the totally pissed off Ganesh (as you know) becomes an approver and goes to prison, and is very much alive.

The Logic

In my sequel, the movie begins with Ganesh coming out of the prison with the help of Machiraju (minister now), who wants the former to do a favor for him (Also, Ganesh wants to terminate Ranga and his gang). What could be the favor? The favor is to help Machiraju retain his minister ship. How & Why? Concentrate on the following clip very properly with your fullest attention:

Thanks for applying your concentration. So, if Viswanatham’s (Gollapudi) body was found, and if the law finds out that Machiraju was the main brain behind the entire thing, his life and career would go out for a toss.

The Best Part

Well, that’s pretty simple. I wanted to link the murder of Viswanatham to be a life and career threatening point to Machiraju, and the favor Machiraju wanted Ganesh to do was to wipe out any witness or proof about the conspiracy.

The entire scene of Bhavani meeting Viswanatham, killing him, and making his body disappear is all known to a third person. Somebody could be hiding in the trunk of the cars at the time of murder, or Brahmaji could be a traitor, or Viswanath could be wired and a million other probabilities.

The Bottom Line / Plot

Machiraju now a minister finds out that there is a proof about murder of Viswanatham, and he brings out Ganesh to make himself clean. While Ganesh is now on the road to avenge, Shiva comes out of prison, and he finds out about Machiraju and the murder. He cleans the society wiping out the evil, making Machiraju to surrender to the law, demolishing the latter's life.

PS: Please read my “Never Heard Before & Never Seen Again” (The Sequel Story). Criticize, Complement, and Complain. Help Me Chase My Dreams!

Creative Commons License
The Seed of Shiva II by Raaj K Modi aka Rajesh Saragadam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

1 comment: